Version 1.2 - March 2021
1. Introduction and general conditions
- social media or official Rumya content on other websites;
- mobile devices;
- the contact form on this website.
- what information Rumya may collect about you;
- how Rumya will use the information we collect about you;
- when Rumya may use your details to contact you;
- whether Rumya will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal data you provide to us;
2. Who are we?
Rumya is a Swiss start-up specialised in developing software to facilitate the digitalisation of companies. Faced with increasing regulatory constraints, Rumya has chosen to offer digital compliance tools. Our specialisations range from data protection issues (GDPR/FADP) to banking compliance for financial intermediaries. Rumya's mission is to assist companies in meeting the challenges of digitalization by providing consulting services and developing innovative, tailor-made business software.
Other companies may refer to services under the Rumya brand. Although these companies are required to operate to Rumya's standards, always check the privacy and cookie policies of the websites you visit to see who operates the website and how your data is used.
3. What information does Rumya collect about me?
When you contact us through our contact form, we collect the following information:
- the name of your company;
- your full name;
- your email address;
- your telephone number (optional);
- the language chosen to navigate on the Rumya website;
- the text of your request.
- your IP address;
- your session ID;
- information about the computer hardware and software used.
4. How does Rumya use the information it collects about me?
Rumya uses your personal data for the following purposes:
- to respond to your requests;
- to use IP addresses and equipment identification to locate users, block abusive or illegal use, determine the number of visits from different countries and determine whether you are accessing the services from Switzerland, the EU or another country;
- for analysis and research in order to improve the user experience and the services offered by Rumya.
5. Under what circumstances will I be contacted by Rumya?
Rumya can contact you:
- regarding any correspondence, complaints or comments received from you about Rumya products or services;
- in relation to any contribution you submit to Rumya, for example, on Rumya's social networks, in the form of a text or voice message;
- to invite you to participate in surveys on Rumya services (participation is always voluntary);
- to inform you of any significant changes to Rumya's policies and practices.
6. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Rumya will only send you promotional emails if you have given your prior consent. We may personalise the content of the message based on the information you provide.
7. Does Rumya share my personal information with anyone else?
We keep your personal data within Rumya, except where disclosure is required by law (e.g. to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, including for child protection purposes).
8. Offensive or inappropriate content on Rumya's websites
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content to any Rumya website, or engage in disruptive behaviour on any Rumya service, Rumya may use your personal data to stop such behaviour.
Where Rumya has reasonable grounds to believe that you are or may be in breach of any applicable law (for example, because the content you have posted may be defamatory), Rumya may use your personal data to inform relevant third parties, such as your employer, internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content you have posted and your behaviour.
9. How long does Rumya keep my information?
We will keep your personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary for the activity in question, or as long as is stipulated in any relevant contract between you and Rumya.
Can I request that my personal data be deleted and/or find out what personal information Rumya holds about me?
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data Rumya holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will first ask you to prove your identity with approved identification. We will use reasonable means consistent with our legal obligation to provide you with access to, to correct, delete, or return your personal data on file. In such case, please follow the link below Exercising my right.
We will require a copy of one of the following proof of identity:
- driving licence;
- national identity card.
11. What happens if I access Rumya's websites from outside the EU and Switzerland?
The data is stored and processed exclusively in Switzerland.
12. Internet browser cookies
A "cookie" is a piece of information in the form of a file, identified by a name, which can be transmitted from a website to your browser. Your web browser stores cookies for a certain period of time. Your browser's cookies communicate with the web server each time you visit our site. Cookies are useful for remembering your login details for e-commerce sites. Some can also track your movements on the internet and be used to generate advertisements related to the different sites visited or to generate traffic statistics.
The Rumya website uses only session cookies. These cookies are strictly dedicated to the functioning of the website. They are not used or usable for tracking marketing or statistical purposes or for storing your preferences. [Cookies are deleted when your browsing session ends] Session cookies are not retained beyond the duration of the browsing session.
14. Applications and peripherals
When you download or use Rumya applications on your mobile device, you can access the information from or store it on your device.
Your web browser or device may also provide Rumya with information about your device, such as a session ID, IP address, device ID, mac address, IMEI number and application ID. This technical data may be used to optimize the user experience.
16. Ensuring the security of your personal data
We take all steps we reasonably believe are necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy and cookies policy. We will ensure that your personal data is kept accurate and up to date. However, it is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to the personal data we hold about you.
While we take these steps to ensure the security of your personal data, you should be aware of the many information security risks that exist and take the necessary precautions to protect your personal data. The nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us electronically, and any transmission is at your own risk. We store the information you provide on secure servers and use the appropriate technical and organisational security measures in storing and disclosing your personal data to try to prevent unauthorised access or loss.
17. Your rights regarding the processing of your personal data
You may contact us to exercise the following rights regarding your personal data:
- the right to be informed;
- the right to access your personal data;
- the right to modify your personal data;
- the right to have your personal data deleted;
- the right to restrict how you’re your personal data is processed;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances;
- the right not to be subject to a decision based exclusively on an automated decision or profiling.
To exercise one or more of your rights, please use the following Exercise my right form or our email address firstname.lastname@example.org